Skip to main content

Back Home

  I think it's kind of funny that even online I see and use my introverted tendencies. Go out there amongst the big bad world, then let my sensitivities chase me back into my hole, my home.
  Well this is it, the place where the shadow of the projectionist shows on the moving pictures of life. That is this curse, to see the edges of the grains and to play with their substances. I also have noticed in my last trip out there that all my words put together sound just the same. People are saying great things about my writing and that excites and scares the hell out of me. Whoa? Hold on, this mental mediation that happens is called writing? I thought it was just my minds speaking amongst themselves? They want more of it? Now who's nuts, me or them? Because something isn't right with this picture. Don't they know who I am?
  I wrote a piece on Yabberz last week. In it I typed the words "I am a writer" to begin a paragraph. It was 4:30 am and I had been up for over an hour putting something together. When I typed those four words though tears started falling from my eyes. Not the crying type or joyful type, just tears. There was no pain, no happiness, just tears, and release. You see there was no thought to those words, they hit me as a matter of fact... fact. Now I see emotions in everything, hell I have a poem on here giving those qualities to rocks of all things. Fact though goes cleanly through, it was as a matter of fact that apparently I am some kind of writer. I cried and cried.

 Of course people tell me that they knew this all along, just like the alcoholic part too. I just didn't realize it, really realize it.... until then. I thought this was more of a kids thing, everyone does it. Journals, diaries, everyone can write, right? I grew up a fat kid, I taught myself how to cope I guess through this writing stuff. I have huge, and I mean Y'uge esteem issues, I am getting better, but I do not take praise well. There are always, always much better folks out there. On Yabberz when Mark praises my writing, or Kevin and Opie do as well it is hard to take. In my head, with my esteem, I place it in the being kind to the short bus kind of special kid. Keep going and writing a nod to one day you will graduate grade school kind of thing. I can't help feeling this way at times, I am getting better. As always though I have lots of work to do. These folks can really write, they know how to, and even went to school for it. Who the F am I?


 Since I am straddling this bull ride of a midlife crisis into the hours and not the seconds this is the crap that I have to think about? Couldn't it just be about a mortgage or a kids college education? WTF am I supposed to do now? I am seemingly ill prepared for this whole epiphany that has been happening. I will have to work on it some more and keep in my hole here. I know my mind is also probably playing tricks with me as a half century mark looms just a month away. Breathe.... Ok I am a writer.... Now what? My penchant for the bigger picture turning the mindful angst screw.
  My Father always wanted to be a writer, I didn't find that out until well after his death. I knew he was a more than avid reader in his later years and I even picked up the same titles myself. His mother was a school teacher and I believe language arts was her area. I was a drunk cook, uneducated and still to this day stumbling through life for the most part. Until I sobered up, I never had any plans, I didn't hope for any "life." The meaning it had was how fast I could end it in my own cowardly way.
  Fuck! I have to get a life now? You mean for me to get a life that means something to me is to write about life and what it means to me? What it looks like? Feelings and stuff? Aw Crap! That people are going to like it? Oh motherfudger! That it may bring happiness and possibly help others? Get the fucout?... OK, I'm a writer, it brings me peace, denial is there too, this can't be real. You mean I had a life all along? I learned a few things? Yeah, stubborn with emotional and trust issues... It's gonna take a while to sink in, really sink in.
  I find it inspiring that I am going on a men's retreat with my brother in June. It is on the eighth step in the program one about making amends. That subject is big for me right now for I have much mending still to do. Stitching up the emotional and financial woulds that I have caused in the past.
It may help all of this to really sink in, that I see that this just may be a way that I do some healing, not for just myself, but for others too. It's going to take a while to really sink in.
  That maybe, just maybe I may succeed at something, get a life, grow up some more. That this whole writing thingy is not just a selfish waste of time. That it is work, if nothing else it is a work of a lifetime. That in itself should be payment enough. For anyone who reads this should understand I see nothing special in myself and my abilities, I simply see something special in others and theirs.




 



 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America - I'm Lovin' It!

Welcome to America.... Can I take Your Order? As this week begins, I am reminded again that the events and results from the previous year are trying to push themselves into this one. We are just short of that time when we permanently scar the buttocks of the nation with an asterisk and a question mark. When we hand over the government to those who wish to erode it away. Globalism made to order for a few, the people still a commodity being traded away in the most covert and overt of manners. I have written about the outright antagonism that the Russians have engaged in, the voting and manipulation of the American psyche. Breaking in to C-Span, dogging our cyber security and basically just laughing at us, we apparently are not going to do anything. There are others involved in this as well including our pals the Israelis, if there was a closer tie to another Super Power in this world we would be closer to China, but the Russians are working on them as well, so here we are. The Bols

Clinton and the Cosby Effect - America's New Judiciary

   There is a systematic dismantlement going on in America. It is not our infrastructure, our politics or our morals. It is in our basic judiciary, our justice system, in our beliefs. With this new found voice that the common person has found online, a step back in our social evolution is taking place. On every page and with every keystroke the entirety of our existence is being argued about, heralded and flat out lied about. That is the freedom we have in this country, we get to lie with impunity, we get to pull things like a Stretch Armstrong to make our points, make us right, make us feel justified.   No matter what your thoughts are about the guilt or innocence of Bill Cosby and the allegations against him, this is true. The man has not been convicted, the man has not been tried by a jury of his peers, this dismantling of the person has been done by the media and social media alone. That much is very clear to me when I take everything else off of the table. The same thing is happ

With Slings of David

I have had this title sitting up here since November 10th. I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, though I didn't get rid of it for some reason. Was it some part of an idea or concept that already escaped me? Or one that was yet to fully come into clarity? I have no idea where this block is originating from, but it's reach feels somewhat gigantic. Mercury in retrograde may be a part of it, or an inner tornado of bile that won't settle down with the best meds around. Maybe it is just a huge denial system that got kick started like an atomic bomb? Maybe it is a huge realization and a betterment of my perceptions? Maybe it is a grief of mourning for what I once thought I knew, not only about my country, but about people as well? I don't know what to call it because it has not yet made itself clear enough to me. Thus I pick up the pen, or in this case keyboard and walk my way through this. It must have needed a crisp New Year, a new perspective to get something out