Skip to main content

I Hold These Truths To Be Self Evident

I copied my recent piece from Yabberz here. I try to keep a lot of this separated but this is a compilation of emotions that belong here as much as anywhere. I received some wonderful replies and hardly a bad one. It is as someone said a wonderful manifesto to the way I feel and they couldn't agree more. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This is not about politics, or personalities any longer. That choice has been made and it is time to move, to work, to enable, to heal, and yes, to love.
You see before all this, before all of this divisiveness got crunchy and thick. There was a country and a people that I could truly be proud of. That belief has never left me in my lifetime, there was never a moment when I believed that we were a nation without a soul.
It is being challenged, and pulled, and twisted and diminished by some, but there it is, a very alive, and very much a capable soul.
I have come to the conclusion that I must apologize for my past remarks. I must make amends to those that I have disparaged, their voice as important as any in this. My mind is clear and my choice is clear, I still love my country and that includes the good, the bad and the ugly. Whether that is represented through actions, policies or personalities.
So as folks continue this campaign season, I will resist the temptation to lower myself into the poverty of insults and the dearth of humanity. I will provide those who are afraid to look a chance to see our country again. The America that we know and some still love, some still care for, some still wish to go forward with their heads held high. I still and will always be an American first, as long as the principles of Liberty and Freedom are the cause.
This is now about my country and the experiences, The service and my reflections. You see I still believe, I won't stop believing, I cannot with any ounce of my being be made not to believe. My father, my family, my friends and more were laid to rest under that flag we see waving today. I promised them an enduring rest and they promised me and delivered to me everything I ever could imagine and dream. That right there is one hell of a gift, and even with all of the challenges and wrongs along the way, I knew it, and anything could be done.
Stories of my Father and I when I was a child and our trip to see the Freedom Train during the Bi-Centennial. How he pointed to the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima and said that guy was a medic, became a doctor etc...
Stories of the heroes that strive and thrive here today from everyday housewives to the Vet's, and businesses that are continuing to make America a better place for all, not just some or some number, but the 100% that is all of us.
There is, and has been for a while now, a knowing of a coming change. From financial markets to human rights and International relations. Climate change and dwindling resources, a great extinction event and the upcoming Geo-Political mapping of the world. We have been lax in our duties in pushing these issues forward through an antiquated political system that is bound by ideologies dystopian to survival of not only our country, but our planet as well.
We will be seeing over half the population of our world impacted by climate change over the next eight years. From massive drought throughout food belts to a third of humanity that will be effected in China's upcoming ecological devastation. Water issues are not a third world issue any longer and even Saudi Arabia is making arrangements for when the oil runs out. The melting of the Polar Ice Caps will not only bring unprecedented sea level rise and destruction, but also a play and battle of some kind for the resources the receding ice contains. Needing to recognize that corporations are not the answer but the cause of much of this expedited funeral arrangements we are seeing now. Their human waste no longer welcome.
My country is not done, you cannot stick a fork in it and call it good or bad. We are what we are, a group of free people trying to do the best we can with all, and I mean all of this stuff against us. That wish to be born in another time is a universal theme, I think this will be one of the ones our grandchildren will pass on though. So going forward, this is not the time to be arguing amongst ourselves like children. That is how we got here. Now is the time to try to come up with some solutions, some debate, some middle ground, without all of the insults, without all the dismissal and lies, but honest conversation. I can't stand a good half of you and your right wing politics but I see the good people you ALL are, I see the true America in ALL of you. WE have a whole lot of work to do, and maybe, just maybe we could snatch the title of the Greatest Generation from our parents and grandparents, I couldn't think of a thing they would be more happy about. I truly wish you all the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America - I'm Lovin' It!

Welcome to America.... Can I take Your Order? As this week begins, I am reminded again that the events and results from the previous year are trying to push themselves into this one. We are just short of that time when we permanently scar the buttocks of the nation with an asterisk and a question mark. When we hand over the government to those who wish to erode it away. Globalism made to order for a few, the people still a commodity being traded away in the most covert and overt of manners. I have written about the outright antagonism that the Russians have engaged in, the voting and manipulation of the American psyche. Breaking in to C-Span, dogging our cyber security and basically just laughing at us, we apparently are not going to do anything. There are others involved in this as well including our pals the Israelis, if there was a closer tie to another Super Power in this world we would be closer to China, but the Russians are working on them as well, so here we are. The Bols

Clinton and the Cosby Effect - America's New Judiciary

   There is a systematic dismantlement going on in America. It is not our infrastructure, our politics or our morals. It is in our basic judiciary, our justice system, in our beliefs. With this new found voice that the common person has found online, a step back in our social evolution is taking place. On every page and with every keystroke the entirety of our existence is being argued about, heralded and flat out lied about. That is the freedom we have in this country, we get to lie with impunity, we get to pull things like a Stretch Armstrong to make our points, make us right, make us feel justified.   No matter what your thoughts are about the guilt or innocence of Bill Cosby and the allegations against him, this is true. The man has not been convicted, the man has not been tried by a jury of his peers, this dismantling of the person has been done by the media and social media alone. That much is very clear to me when I take everything else off of the table. The same thing is happ

With Slings of David

I have had this title sitting up here since November 10th. I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, though I didn't get rid of it for some reason. Was it some part of an idea or concept that already escaped me? Or one that was yet to fully come into clarity? I have no idea where this block is originating from, but it's reach feels somewhat gigantic. Mercury in retrograde may be a part of it, or an inner tornado of bile that won't settle down with the best meds around. Maybe it is just a huge denial system that got kick started like an atomic bomb? Maybe it is a huge realization and a betterment of my perceptions? Maybe it is a grief of mourning for what I once thought I knew, not only about my country, but about people as well? I don't know what to call it because it has not yet made itself clear enough to me. Thus I pick up the pen, or in this case keyboard and walk my way through this. It must have needed a crisp New Year, a new perspective to get something out