Skip to main content

Talk Without Limits

http://i.imgur.com/ffcOA9L.jpg

  When the President of a country makes this kind of statement, we need to talk. This age of sexism is running rampant. Yes, I agree things have to change. I don't agree with how we are going about it though. It is a one way conversation up to this point. The dogmatic approach used today to combat sexism I believe is going to backfire and create even more of a divide.
  It is not the purpose of this to say and declare what men have done wrong anymore. It is also the time to ask ourselves where were women complicit? When did the changes happen and why were they in place to begin with? You can blame men for everything and you would be wrong. Like the old adage says it takes two to tango, for a real change both sides must be heard equally as well. Isn't this what we are all in this for?
 I tell my wife about an observation that I have had over the years. It is about relationships that women and men have. Now, Men do just as much wrong, this piece is about the women though. When women are scorned enough, in a variety of ways they will destroy their enemies, and I mean destroy them all the way down to where there is nothing left. Men on the other hand have a hard time doing that to even their worst enemy. I know that people kill each other etc... rather this is on a personal level and interpersonal relationships. Men do have a stopping point where even the most reviled becomes pitiful and not worthy of continuance. To do so would mean that you stopped being a man and became something else. Now of course these are generalities I am using trying to paint my analogy but the instances and experiences still remain. Women more than men seemingly have little problem taking someone down to zero on all levels, while men tend to leave something on the bone.
  It is always ugly to bring up the nuances and minutia of sexism without being branded one thing or another. I was raised with five sisters and a strong Mother. I don't believe they really think what is going on now is real feminism, rather spoiled whining. The only reason I bring it up is that both sides have to be active in this or else there is no progress. Up until lately it has just been the "You just don't get it!" crowd shutting down a different viewpoint or unwanted truth.
 In ancient times and even not so ancient times Women were just as powerful if not more so than men. There were ancient "Kings" that were actually female, some of the oldest lines of rulers were a chain of Female Kings. So what went wrong? What part of that female psyche did mankind seem justified into "putting in it's place?" Yes we know all too well the faults of Man and their corruption of power and humanity. We have lost so much of our history to time though so I have to ask. Would women be better? Or have we been there before and found it worse?
  Now, I am no misogynist. I actually believe in everything that feminists are fighting for. I am though someone who sees things from a different angle at times. To simply start bashing men because they did it first is not a way toward any real solution. Sexism toward men, misandry, is rampant as well in this society and the only thing that those types of actions will fix is blame.
 Women are not saints and men are not monsters, extremities in this line of thinking is as dangerous as any form of terrorism. It is done quietly, and to steal a phrase, it is cunning, baffling and powerful. It is also pervasive and steals away the thinking of the next generation without anyone knowing. Those believing they are doing the most good, the most harm at times. This is not a time for a fight, that hasn't worked. It is just time to talk without limits, to lay the truth down, and bring humankind up to the next level.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America - I'm Lovin' It!

Welcome to America.... Can I take Your Order? As this week begins, I am reminded again that the events and results from the previous year are trying to push themselves into this one. We are just short of that time when we permanently scar the buttocks of the nation with an asterisk and a question mark. When we hand over the government to those who wish to erode it away. Globalism made to order for a few, the people still a commodity being traded away in the most covert and overt of manners. I have written about the outright antagonism that the Russians have engaged in, the voting and manipulation of the American psyche. Breaking in to C-Span, dogging our cyber security and basically just laughing at us, we apparently are not going to do anything. There are others involved in this as well including our pals the Israelis, if there was a closer tie to another Super Power in this world we would be closer to China, but the Russians are working on them as well, so here we are. The Bols

Clinton and the Cosby Effect - America's New Judiciary

   There is a systematic dismantlement going on in America. It is not our infrastructure, our politics or our morals. It is in our basic judiciary, our justice system, in our beliefs. With this new found voice that the common person has found online, a step back in our social evolution is taking place. On every page and with every keystroke the entirety of our existence is being argued about, heralded and flat out lied about. That is the freedom we have in this country, we get to lie with impunity, we get to pull things like a Stretch Armstrong to make our points, make us right, make us feel justified.   No matter what your thoughts are about the guilt or innocence of Bill Cosby and the allegations against him, this is true. The man has not been convicted, the man has not been tried by a jury of his peers, this dismantling of the person has been done by the media and social media alone. That much is very clear to me when I take everything else off of the table. The same thing is happ

With Slings of David

I have had this title sitting up here since November 10th. I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, though I didn't get rid of it for some reason. Was it some part of an idea or concept that already escaped me? Or one that was yet to fully come into clarity? I have no idea where this block is originating from, but it's reach feels somewhat gigantic. Mercury in retrograde may be a part of it, or an inner tornado of bile that won't settle down with the best meds around. Maybe it is just a huge denial system that got kick started like an atomic bomb? Maybe it is a huge realization and a betterment of my perceptions? Maybe it is a grief of mourning for what I once thought I knew, not only about my country, but about people as well? I don't know what to call it because it has not yet made itself clear enough to me. Thus I pick up the pen, or in this case keyboard and walk my way through this. It must have needed a crisp New Year, a new perspective to get something out