Skip to main content

The Being Tree

  At times my observances and whatnot of the way things are take on great analogies, I think my learning depends on them. There has always been word of the Tree of Life, that analogy fitting in perfectly with what any higher power that I would accept would define it.
  As part of that analogy, I look at my life very much like a tree, that one is not new either. There is talk of roots and growth in most speech about self. This is one aspect about recovery that a pattern has developed in my experience and that of some of those around me.
  I was debilitated during my early recovery from a blown out disc in my back. I was unable to work and having to go through the processes for the courts aggravated it further. Getting a little better after some time, I developed a gastrointestinal nightmare along the way which caused me to lose a quarter of my weight and a third of my muscle mass. 210 to 150 in a matter of a few months is not good. This set me back another year or so and getting better and building my strength back up blew out another disc in my back amongst other things back there. So what I am getting at I haven't had a great chance to jump on my recovery and do the tactile things attributed with having a good program. The little chances that I get I take and am soon reminded that this is going to be on a timeline not of my making. I will heal at a rate that I set myself up for and that is all, thank you. Acceptance, I have accepted that I will be on the sidelines for a while longer and that the pace of my life is different.
 That being on the side lines means that my base, my roots are out of my control to a great extent. Money and a place to lay my head have been on the roller coaster of a lifetime for the last few years. Without the compassion of a landlord/owner and the assistance from family and friends and at times strangers, we would not have made it this far at all. It was hard to concentrate on any growth, on any great emotions and joys because the worry and the fear was palpable. Stuck in my own life, not quite bad enough to get help from any government agency and just able to sell enough of our collected wealth we made it to a better point in life. Not much, and clearly not out of danger but definitely a light ahead instead of blackness.
  Yes, blackness, not darkness, not dim, not clouded... Blackness.
 It took all I had inside to hold onto hope at times, to hold onto the fact that things never stay the same. I saw all the changes in my good thinking switch to emergency mode and the growth, like that of a tree, halt. In the way my thought process works, even with my best training, I see things all the way to fruition whether I like it or not, I did not like any of the things I saw, blackness. It seemed I had no business in the real world with everyone else. I had no money for I had no job, I had no job so home was always shaking beneath me, I had no health to be productive so I had no purpose it seems.
  I held onto hope that I could go to school, but I had no money, so I studied what I could at home. I did not see a growth again until I got that base underneath me. I see it in others in the program as well, good people that have no base and are stuck, either by health, education or just the ability to handle a job anymore without a little compassion from others, a lot of understanding. Without those parts of the roots that are needed for growth - That money thing and that home base thing, the growth stops and the strangulation of the hope from overthinking again... ceases any possibility of a spirit hunting for joy.
 People who have never experienced this fear of being struck useless and honestly stuck within the limits of a past they painted will never understand. It is another step in all honesty that gets ignored with bliss filled apathy as the gratitude is shared. Some are sicker than others, some are in tougher positions than others. As we trudge up the same ladder don't expect me to cheer if you sprint ahead with your goals, nor expect me to share them. They say the only way you keep this is to give it back, but how are you expected to help others when the first thing you are taught is that you can't help others if you can't take care of yourself. It's part of the tree of being, some branches don't grow back and some may, but until they do it makes for some very difficult climbing.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America - I'm Lovin' It!

Welcome to America.... Can I take Your Order? As this week begins, I am reminded again that the events and results from the previous year are trying to push themselves into this one. We are just short of that time when we permanently scar the buttocks of the nation with an asterisk and a question mark. When we hand over the government to those who wish to erode it away. Globalism made to order for a few, the people still a commodity being traded away in the most covert and overt of manners. I have written about the outright antagonism that the Russians have engaged in, the voting and manipulation of the American psyche. Breaking in to C-Span, dogging our cyber security and basically just laughing at us, we apparently are not going to do anything. There are others involved in this as well including our pals the Israelis, if there was a closer tie to another Super Power in this world we would be closer to China, but the Russians are working on them as well, so here we are. The Bols

Clinton and the Cosby Effect - America's New Judiciary

   There is a systematic dismantlement going on in America. It is not our infrastructure, our politics or our morals. It is in our basic judiciary, our justice system, in our beliefs. With this new found voice that the common person has found online, a step back in our social evolution is taking place. On every page and with every keystroke the entirety of our existence is being argued about, heralded and flat out lied about. That is the freedom we have in this country, we get to lie with impunity, we get to pull things like a Stretch Armstrong to make our points, make us right, make us feel justified.   No matter what your thoughts are about the guilt or innocence of Bill Cosby and the allegations against him, this is true. The man has not been convicted, the man has not been tried by a jury of his peers, this dismantling of the person has been done by the media and social media alone. That much is very clear to me when I take everything else off of the table. The same thing is happ

With Slings of David

I have had this title sitting up here since November 10th. I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, though I didn't get rid of it for some reason. Was it some part of an idea or concept that already escaped me? Or one that was yet to fully come into clarity? I have no idea where this block is originating from, but it's reach feels somewhat gigantic. Mercury in retrograde may be a part of it, or an inner tornado of bile that won't settle down with the best meds around. Maybe it is just a huge denial system that got kick started like an atomic bomb? Maybe it is a huge realization and a betterment of my perceptions? Maybe it is a grief of mourning for what I once thought I knew, not only about my country, but about people as well? I don't know what to call it because it has not yet made itself clear enough to me. Thus I pick up the pen, or in this case keyboard and walk my way through this. It must have needed a crisp New Year, a new perspective to get something out