Skip to main content

The Generation Bomb

  By this time each election year I am usually knee deep into a dozen discussions. I am taking a different approach this time around and it is paying dividends.
  I am not jumping on anyone's bandwagon and I am not fighting for anything. I am a witness this time around and it is very informative. Since I am one to wants to know the big picture, what it all means, who are we? I like to write about the stuff that makes the fabric of America what it is, and I have seemingly had the wool pulled over my eyes by many.
 Everything from bigots to feminists are surprising with their tactics, the choice between a political and a militaristic revolution is upon us. The division created by everyone moving in with their neighbors on these small screens carried over to the big screen and now life. Not only do we despise you, we can now say it loudly and forcibly to create outrage. Yes, the red and the blue were fine when it was kept to closed doors, but the stench of the rotted apple pies from everyone else's house was too much to keep them open it seems. Shining the outside of the garbage cans all over again.
 We are in a palpable mess, a hot one at that, my God I am having thoughts of the sixties and seventies all over again as the simmering begins to boil. Sadly being pulled apart by that very thing that defines us. We strive for independence as a nation and as an individual yet to survive we must assimilate to a society that is not built for this generational and regional mix.

  As I watch and listen to the Trumps of the campaign and try to understand that mindset, I can. When I watch and listen to Clinton and see the bashing of her by other women, millennials usually, I can understand that. What I cannot understand is why those that have lived through a number of elections on both sides of the aisles keep doing this? We know that there is a minuscule possibility that Sanders can pull of anything that he would promise. We know that Trump has little idea of the real mess he has gotten himself into. We know that Clinton would simply keep the status quo and use her position to get back at those on both sides.
  Many of the younger voters look at us older ones as being a little slow, look at the mistakes that were not evident at the time, laughable in hindsight. They believe that someone else like an Obama candidate, one with newer hopes and newer change will fix it all up. Some see Trump as some sort of new John Wayne and Reagan who will ride in and make America a great nation again, but only for some. Some see Clinton as the Mothering influence we need. America is going to fight this one out in one way or another. I would prefer it to be at the ballot box, yet afraid to a degree that it is too little too late. I commend them for thinking that the problems are solvable, I am not convinced. I am not a younger voter and know a little too much on too little to sit by and be quiet forever though.
   Younger voters should remember one thing about this whole process though. The older folks know what is like to be a younger voter, the younger voter does not know what it is like to be an educated one or a veteran to it. Taking history of a person from a source instead of living it means the world when they put it all together and I am sure there are things in everyone's life as examples. This is a funny and complicated thing and does not get enough coverage in our education system. It is a planted generational bomb that apparently goes off about every 40 years or so.
  It is up to slow and mistake prone old voters to defuse this bomb and it is not happening. So I am left with the sad task of observing this and shaking my head at the idiocy of it all. A witness to the morass of humanity I share this country with torn apart by the very thing that is said to bind us all.
Can it be saved? sure, if people would just take the hint and come in a sit awhile....The door is open.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America - I'm Lovin' It!

Welcome to America.... Can I take Your Order? As this week begins, I am reminded again that the events and results from the previous year are trying to push themselves into this one. We are just short of that time when we permanently scar the buttocks of the nation with an asterisk and a question mark. When we hand over the government to those who wish to erode it away. Globalism made to order for a few, the people still a commodity being traded away in the most covert and overt of manners. I have written about the outright antagonism that the Russians have engaged in, the voting and manipulation of the American psyche. Breaking in to C-Span, dogging our cyber security and basically just laughing at us, we apparently are not going to do anything. There are others involved in this as well including our pals the Israelis, if there was a closer tie to another Super Power in this world we would be closer to China, but the Russians are working on them as well, so here we are. The Bols

Clinton and the Cosby Effect - America's New Judiciary

   There is a systematic dismantlement going on in America. It is not our infrastructure, our politics or our morals. It is in our basic judiciary, our justice system, in our beliefs. With this new found voice that the common person has found online, a step back in our social evolution is taking place. On every page and with every keystroke the entirety of our existence is being argued about, heralded and flat out lied about. That is the freedom we have in this country, we get to lie with impunity, we get to pull things like a Stretch Armstrong to make our points, make us right, make us feel justified.   No matter what your thoughts are about the guilt or innocence of Bill Cosby and the allegations against him, this is true. The man has not been convicted, the man has not been tried by a jury of his peers, this dismantling of the person has been done by the media and social media alone. That much is very clear to me when I take everything else off of the table. The same thing is happ

With Slings of David

I have had this title sitting up here since November 10th. I had no idea what it was supposed to mean, though I didn't get rid of it for some reason. Was it some part of an idea or concept that already escaped me? Or one that was yet to fully come into clarity? I have no idea where this block is originating from, but it's reach feels somewhat gigantic. Mercury in retrograde may be a part of it, or an inner tornado of bile that won't settle down with the best meds around. Maybe it is just a huge denial system that got kick started like an atomic bomb? Maybe it is a huge realization and a betterment of my perceptions? Maybe it is a grief of mourning for what I once thought I knew, not only about my country, but about people as well? I don't know what to call it because it has not yet made itself clear enough to me. Thus I pick up the pen, or in this case keyboard and walk my way through this. It must have needed a crisp New Year, a new perspective to get something out